Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Date! A Date! {Thankful Thursday}

For the first time in over a year, Carl and I are getting out tonight on our own... well, sort of on our own.  Carl headed up to the  Coeur d'Alene Resort for a meeting for the grain board that he is on last night.  I'm headed up to join him later this morning.  So while we won't be out by ourselves tonight, it will be with 20 or so other people... it will be without kids!

I am getting bags packed to drop kiddos off at Granny and Papa's house.  I'm nervous - it is my first night away from Lauren.  She just stopped nursing a couple of weeks ago and her sleep pattern has been less than stellar since then.  I'm really hoping that she doesn't give Granny to rough of a night!

Speaking of which... the part I'm almost most excited about? 

Sleep.  

Sleeping all night.  

Sleeping without a baby monitor a foot from my ear.  

Sleep!  

Wow... I must be getting old!

Will post some pictures tomorrow from my night out with Carl.  What are you thankful for today?

2 comments :

Kortni said...

That looks beautiful! Funny how you are excited to sleep and I am thankful my Samuel and Elena let me nap for 45 minutes. They played quietly! Amazing!!

Shelly said...

I hope you had a wonderful date night AND lots of sleep!