Tuesday, January 22, 2013

40 years of sadness

Today is a sad day in our nation's history.  40 years ago, our great nation made legal the killing of those little ones that most needed us to be their voice, that do not yet have a voice of their own, and whose cries for help continue to go unheard by those who most need to hear them.

Abortion is not a political issue.  It is not a religious issue.  It is not about me attempting to take away a CHOICE of yours or for your body.  It IS a human rights issue.  I'm sorry (actually, I'm not) but your right to make a CHOICE ends when it effects the life and death of another human being.  Period.  No other argument.  I do not have the RIGHT to make a CHOICE that results in you being put to death.  I do not have the RIGHT to make a CHOICE that takes away your first and fundamental liberty as given to us in the bill of rights...
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life..."
So why does any person think that an individual person has the RIGHT to make a CHOICE that removes this fundamental liberty from a defenseless child.

My heart aches at the thought of 50 million (50 million!!!) babies murdered.  Ripped apart within the womb.  I dread the day of explaining this to my children.  I look at my niece who has downs syndrome and ache knowing that over 90% of her peers with downs syndrome are aborted. 

So-called women's rights advocates claim that I am trying to send us back to the dark ages with this perspective... It amazes me.  One of the elements that makes us uniquely and beautifully female is our ability to conceive, carry, and birth another living, breathing, human being!  No man, however much he desires to, can ever do this!!  But you would think from listening to my opposing counterparts that by wanting to celebrate this uniquely female ability makes me less feminine... huh?!  Sorry... I don't agree. 

I see myself equal to any man.  Equal in dignity - but oh, so very and beautifully different in creation.  The more we learn to embrace our femininity, in its true form, the more the self-evident truths spoken of by our forefathers will come back into perspective.

Life.  That's what abortion is about.  Life (or the ending of it).  Don't let any other argument fool you into thinking otherwise.
Photo Source: http://mamaelm.deviantart.com
Choose Life!!