Monday, January 21, 2013

Fuel for Our Spirits {Monday Meditation}

"He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on.  There is no other."
C.S. Lewis

How true this is!  I amaze myself at how many times I must discover this truth!  When I find myself restlessly searching for something to do, or something to eat, or something to read (besides the umpteen books in my house that will feed my spirit), or something to buy... I have to remind myself that I am really searching for Him.  When I remember to take the step back and invite Him back into my day, the restlessness departs and in its place is peace.

My soul rests in God alone,
from whom comes my salvation.

God alone is my rock and salvation, my fortress;
I shall never fall.
Psalm 62:2-3

No comments :