Tuesday, February 19, 2013

40 bags in 40 days {Tackle it Tuesday}

One of the areas I've wanted to tackle has been to thin out things around here.  We aren't particularly cluttered since we just finished the basement early last fall.  Our stuff is now spread out across double the floor space it was... but just because it isn't cluttered doesn't mean it doesn't need to be thinned!

The kids have so many toys laying around, it has been driving me crazy.  While they play pretty good with most of them, it is way more than they need.  I keep thinking I need to sit down and go through them while they are very gently used so that they can be donated to a little one that needs it more than we do.  I just keep putting it off!

So, in the spirit of "Tackle it Tuesday"... I'm starting the 40 bags in 40 days project.  Now, especially during this time of Lent, I think it is important to remind myself of how much I have to be thankful for... and how much more I have than I need!  My goal is to come up with 40 bags between now and Easter to either donate or throw away, or both.

Mel at the Larson Lingo posted a link to this handy printable for organizing your approach to your 40 bags.
Printable created by: http://www.jennycollierphotography.com

I'm working on list this morning and will post an update when I get finished and some pictures as I move through my list!

What are you tackling this Tuesday?

1 comment :

Kortni said...

I LOVE it and may have to join you. I am always on a quest to simplify and you are right. This is a great time to do that!