1. The reason for the season... Jesus! I have several nativity sets and several statues of the Holy Family. Here is my most recent addition that I picked at a gift exchange!
3. Carl... again, not a "thing" but how can he also not be in my list?! But in the interest of humor... how's this for a great picture? Taken this summer at Hoopfest...
4. My "new" jewelry. I had gotten out of the habit of wearing jewelry except my wedding ring. Last year about this time I went to a jewelry party and bought a few pieces. I've added to my collection since then. It is amazing how much better I feel, even if I'm just in jeans and a basic tee if I put on a pair of earrings... I feel like it looks like I made a bit of an effort.
5. iPhone... love it! Email, Texting, Pictures, Music... all of it.
6. I got Brooks Adrenaline shoes earlier this fall and have loved every run in them. They don't give me blisters on my arch like my Asics did.
7. Sole treadmill... ok, I would take running outside over my treadmill any day of the week, but for the schedule I have right now with the three kids that just hasn't been happening and I am so THANKFUL to have this treadmill!
8. My rosary - nothing brings as much peace as meditating on Jesus' mysteries while praying my rosary. This is the rosary that Carl & I got while visiting Rome the year before we had Karen.
9. Running skort - I only have one but wish I had more. I used to make fun of people when I saw them in running skirts, now I realize how comfortable it is!
10. My new washer and dryer - we got this set for our basement. My first front loaders and I have loved them. I'm sure it will wear off, but I've been keeping up with the laundry better in the last month than I ever have!
11. Christmas sweets... I made sweet chex mix and chocolate crackle snowflake cookies this week for my book club Christmas party. These aren't my only favorites, but they are the ones I currently have on hand... lol!! (recipes forthcoming!)
This chex mix has been the "death" of my healthy eating this week... It is so yummy I find myself snacking on it constantly! I need to get back on my healthier eating band wagon!
12. These books... in the last year these three books are hands down the best books I've read!
- Fabiola - Cardinal Wiseman
- Lay Siege to Heaven - Louis de Wohl
- The Family that overtook Christ - Fr. M. Raymond
A blessed Advent wish from my house to yours!