- Best Run Ever - I know this was a LONG time ago, but it was a practice run with my cross country coach in high school. I was late to practice because I had to take a test after school so I did my workout with him. After the warm-up, we did a progression run. We were about halfway done and I can remember thinking that I was ready to back off the pace. Instead, he said, "Ok, let's go!" ... and so we went. I don't know what our pace was but I know that it is faster than I had ever ran a sustained distance. It was also the first time I really understood what it was to push myself and that I had the capability of doing it. I felt so powerful at the end of that run!
- Three words that describe my running - inconsistent, sporadic, over-ambitious (I tend to injure myself because I feast or famine with regard to running... either don't do it or go all out jumping into a training plan too hard and too fast)
- My go-to running outfit - shorts and a tank of any sort. I hate sleeves (unless it is long sleeves) when I run
- Quirky habit while running - don't know that I have one, unless you count constantly asking the other person how they are or if the pace is ok when I'm running with someone.
- Morning, midday, or evening - I prefer morning but these days I take my runs whenever I can get them in.
- I won't run outside when it's - dark (country rode, no street lights) or harvest (to many grain trucks and equipment on the roads!)
- Worst injury and how I got over it - achilles tendonitis... laid off of running and am hoping that it is gone! I won't know for sure until my stress fracture is healed and I ease back into running.
- I felt most like a bamr when -honestly, any time I manage a run and get home to see my three little girls... maybe I pat myself on the back to easily but I feel like a bamr just getting out there!
- Next race is - TBD - was hoping to do a 10K this fall but will have to see how the foot does.
- Potential running goal for 2013 - Race a half-marathon and hit my sub 2hour goal and completing a sprint-tri!
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
10 Running Related Questions
Since I'm still laid up with my stress fracture and itching to get running, I thought I'd join the "10 Running Related Questions" party that I saw yesterday on several of the blogs I read...
Posted by PalouseMom