Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Five Favorites (vol. 1)

This is my first time linking up with Hallie at the lovely Moxie Wife for Five Favorites Wednesday!  I love the idea! :)

http://moxiewife.com/category/five-favorites

- 1 -

My Girls!
You'll eventually get tired of pictures of my kids, but it is only fitting that they make the top of the list for this first ever, volume 1 Five Favorites!  How could they not be? :)



- 2 -

My Sisters the Saints
http://amzn.com/B0083DJXQI

My book club chose this for our November book.  This memoir by Colleen Carroll Campbell is packed full of thought provoking nuggets.  As someone who struggled with the question of whether I would ever have children, I especially relate to her struggles with coming to terms with Catholic teaching on the sanctity of life conceived through the marital act.  She also exposed a beauty in the suffering of Alzheimer's that I had never considered before - a disease that terrifies me both from a worry of having it myself and "losing" my Mom to it (since her Mom, my Grandma, suffered from it).

Colleen uses five amazing women to highlight her journey on these (and other) topics - St. Therese, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Edith Stein, Mother Mary, Mother Theresa (St. Theresa of Calcutta). 

- 3 -

Blessings
If you haven't listened to this song by Laura Story... you need to!
http://a48.phobos.apple.com/us/r1000/118/Music/a0/39/62/mzm.xmpsqxvk.aac.p.m4a

- 4 -

New Garmin Watches
I have been wanting a gps watch for ages!  I just haven't been able to pull the trigger on getting one.  Garmin just came out with a couple of new watches... and I love!  The new design is fresh and smaller profile... I may just have to break down and get one!
Garmin Forerunner 220
Garmin Forerunner 620

- 5 -

Motivated Moms App
I recently downloaded an app called Motivated Moms.  It is a chore app.  While there are several things that I would like to see improved in future versions, it has been great in that it really does motivate me to do a little extra around the house.  It's amazing what it does for your motivation when you aren't thinking of your own list of chores... but checking a list already made for you - I find that I'm much more apt to just "get it done"... If you are looking for that little extra boost in keeping up with things around your house, I recommend you try it! (no affiliation with the app or compensation... just sharing my opinion).



No comments :