Friday, July 5, 2013

Happy 4th!!

Happy 4th of July!! Regardless of your feelings of the current state of our great country, yesterday was a day to celebrate!!!

Things were pretty low-key at our house.  Our plans had included a trip to visit my folks in south Idaho (leaving Wednesday morning).  It was going to be a fun time with all four of us girls home and crammed into one house - 15 of us!

But alas... no - I woke up early Wednesday morning having caught the stomach bug that Karen and Lauren had the previous week... Megan followed in my footsteps a couple of hours later.  It was fun times (not!!)!  Thankfully, I was feeling quite a bit better yesterday.  Not 100%, but at least human and the thought of putting food in my stomach wasn't completely unappealing.

Needless to say, we stayed close to home yesterday and just had a quiet day here with the girls.  I did get them all dressed in their red, white, and blue's though!




We decided we needed to get out of the house, but didn't really feel like being out on the roads driving anywhere.  So, we walked the gravel/dirt road loop by our house.  It was a little much on my stomach-bug recovering body, but I managed and it was a good time.  Karen walked for better than 2 miles of the 4 mile loop, and Megan walked for about a mile. 


I hope you and your family had a happy and safe 4th of July!!

No comments :